Friday, March 4, 2016

Down for the Count

I had surgery a little more than an week ago.  I had planned on the surgery knowing that this time of the year is snowy and just not a time when you can get out and play.  Well, silly me!  It has been beautiful weather and I really, really want to go out and play.  That however for the past week or so is a future dream.  When I went into surgery they found a lot more needed to be done and so my healing is going to take 6-8 weeks basically.  I was really hoping to be at least up and going and doing by yesterday as I have a school class that I need to be attending.  Well, hopefully next week because I'm scheduled to teach the class next week.

I was doing good when I came home from the hospital, although I did have a catheter and had to have it for a week.  So when I finally went in to have that removed it was an adventure that I learned from. I drove myself an hour to the doctor's office and then finally got in.  Everything went well and the catheter was removed.  Then they found that I had an infection and so gave me a prescription to fill on my way home.  So I stopped on the way home and had to wait for awhile to get it filled.  When I got back up to the counter, they told me that the insurance wouldn't approve it.  I told them that I would pay for it myself at which time they told me that it would be another half an hour before they would have it ready.  Well, at that point, I just told the lady I would pick it up another time as I was in pain.  I got to the parking lot and into my car and fell apart on the phone to my sweet husband.  I indeed was in pain and I had an hour drive home.  He sweetly called and found out that there had been a misunderstanding with the insurance company and the Dr's office and he got it all worked out.

I made it home, climbed into bed with a pain med and I was done for the day.  Here it is now, 3 days later, and I'm still hurting but determined to be off pain meds.  I haven't had any for 3 days now and I'm doing pretty good.  I went with my husband grocery shopping tonight, but that's as far as it went.  He was sweet enough to stop and get us dinner and then brought me home and he is now putting away the groceries and I'm sitting in a chair with my legs up.  I hope that my days from here on out are better and better and that I won't have anymore of those days where I'm down for the count.   Here's to keeping your fingers cross on that one!

No comments: